The General Electric C36-7, developed by Digital Train Model (DTM), is now available from Trains and Drivers in Conrail livery.
The GE C36-7 is a 6-axle diesel-electric locomotive built by GE Transportation Systems, GE do Brazil and A Goninan & Co between 1978 and 1989. 599 examples of this locomotive were built, 422 of which were exported to the People’s Republic of China, which designated it ND5. In 2003 58 ex MP / UP locos were exported to Estonia. GE do Brazil built 15 C36-7 for Ferrocarriles Nacionales de México #9327-9341.
The Dash 7’s predecessor, the Universal Series, had been introduced in the 1950s, and with its innovative body structure, it had initially been greeted favourably by the market. However, GM-EMD had then developed the GP30 model to compete with it; GP30 production had commenced in 1961. Over many years, the GP30’s reliability had given it a sales advantage, and when EMD introduced its successor, the Dash 2, in 1972, the Universal Series became completely obsolete. The Dash 7 Series was intended to redress the ensuing imbalance between the two competing manufacturers. GE commenced production of the Dash 7 Series in 1976. By the time Dash 7 production ceased in 1985, about 2,800 Dash 7 locomotives had been built.
Although the Dash 7 Series failed to surpass the Dash 2 in terms of market share, its 4-stroke engine returned better fuel consumption figures than the 2-stroke engine fitted to GM-EMD locomotives after the 1970s oil crisis. The Dash 7 Series was therefore positively received.
- GE C36-7 model for Train Simulator by Digital Train Model
- Accurate, detailed model and textures
- Weathered Conrail livery
- Animated doors, windows and mirrors
- Cab light
- Instrument lights
- Warning lights
- Ditch lights Front/Rear
- Platform lights
- Numberboard lights
- Dynamic brakes
- Animated wipers and rain effects
- Custom sounds
- "Quick Drive" compatible
- 2 scenarios for the Norfolk Southern Coal District (English and German)
- English manual
- Downloadable product with installation program (64MB)
- Train Simulator by Dovetail Games (Steam)
- Norfolk Southern Coal District Route Add-On (Steam) This is route is required if you wish to play the included scenarios.